Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.
53 views | 0 0 | Last updated on Jul 05, 2016 wireless
Android devices – connect in your Wi-Fi settings to GWUwireless. Use the following settings.
EAP method: PEAP
Phase 2 Authentication: None
CA Certificate: Unspecified
Identity: Your GWU user name
Anonymous Identity: Leave blank
Wireless Password: Your GWU password
iOS devices, such as Apple computers and iPads – connect in your Wi-Fi settings to GWUwireless. Enter your GWU credentials (user name and password) when prompted for a user name and password. When prompted to accept the GWUAPPL certificate, tap “Accept.”
Windows 7 or XP computers – complete the one-time setup for your Windows XP or 7 computer using the instructions below. Each step must be completed precisely as shown in the instructions.
Windows 8 computers – connect in your Wi-Fi settings to GWUwireless. Enter your GWU credentials (user name and password) when prompted for a user name and password.
Windows XP or 7 Authentication Configuration for Non-Domain Computers (One-Time Set Up)
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks. Click on Add in the upper left.
2. Select “Manually create a network profile.”
3. Enter the information into your settings exactly as they are below. Then click Next.
4. Select “Change connection settings.”
5. Verify your settings are exactly as below.
6. Then click the “Security” tab. Click “Settings” next to “Choose a network authentication method.”
7. Uncheck “Validate Server Certificate.”
8. At the bottom of this same window (Protected EAP Properties window) click “Configure” next to “Select Authentication Method.”
9. Uncheck “Automatically use my Windows logon name…” Click “OK” two times.
10. Back at the GWUwireless Network Properties window click “Advanced Settings.”
11. Under “Advanced Settings” check “Specify authentication mode:” Choose “User authentication” from the drop-down menu.
12. Click “Save credentials” to the right of the authentication method.
13. Enter your Gardner-Webb username and password for the network and click “OK.” Click “OK” two more times to close additional windows.
14. Back at the Manually Connect to a Wireless Network window click “Close.” Verify in the bottom right-hand corner that you are connected to GWUwireless and that you can access the Internet. If not, click GWUwireless and give it a moment to connect.